Here are some time-tested pointers on attracting buyers and getting offers for your home.
1. Price it right. Set a price at the lower end of your property’s realistic price range. This will increase the buyer activity and mazimize your chances of offers.
2. Prepare for visitors. Get your house market ready at least two weeks before you begin showing it. And keep your house in showing-ready condition.
3. Be flexible about showings. It’s often disruptive to have a house ready to show at the spur of the moment. But the more amenable you can be about letting people see your home, the sooner you’ll find a buyer.
4. Anticipate the offers. Decide in advance what price and terms you’ll find acceptable.
5. Don’t refuse to drop the price. If your home has been on the market for more than 30 days without an offer and few showings, you should be prepared to at least consider lowering your asking price.